I am a programmer, a quantitative trader, and an auction market enthusiast.
In 2009, I completed TDAmeritrade’s Investools full educational program in technical analysis, advanced options strategies, futures and currency trading. From 2010-12, I undertook mentorships with Tom Alexander (Trading Futures Using the Auction Market Process and Market Profile® Graphic ), Lawrence McMillan (Advanced Options Strategies), and Chris Capre (Trading Ichimoku Kinko Hyo). I have studied, intensively, the foundational works of auction market pioneers Donald L. Jones (Cisco) and James F. Dalton (CBOT). [1-5]
Since 2009, I have developed decision support tools for trading the S&P futures market. I’ve written thousands of studies for TDAmeritrade’s thinkorswim® platform. I have coded and/or tested countless algorithms in Quantopian’s crowd-sourced hedge fund. And, I have developed several stand-alone database solutions to manage trade performance metrics, analyze options time and sales, detect patterns in gamma exposure, and interpret dark pools (FINRA) data reports.
I trade futures, options, closed-end funds, and stocks. My trading decisions combine an immense regard for the human capacity to reason under conditions of uncertainty and for the computer’s brute-force ability to recognize patterns, represent data in a rapidly assimilatable way, and embed important heuristics.
- Value-based Power Trading: Using the Overlay Demand Curve™ to Pinpoint Trends and Predict Market Turns (Donald L. Jones, 1993)
- Meta-Profile© eCourse (Cisco Futures, 2010)
- Mind Over Markets: Power Trading with Market Generated Information (Dalton JF, 1990)
- Markets in Profile: Profiting from the Auction Process (Dalton JF, 2007)
- Understanding the Market Structure and with Market Profile® (Dalton JF, 2006 Seminar)